[LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 11:43:38 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> why Csound backend and not SuperCollider?

Because I worked with csound 10 years :-)

> Mmh I think PD is an option but not necessarily better then
> SuperCollider. Afaik SC gives you a lot of options which are easy to
> edit (OOP).

Well for this kind of thing (not building an environment, but making
noise from midi) supercollider seems less appropriate than PD. I used pd
(stand-alone) this way, both to process midi and make noise, in a few
projects (muse, ardour, specimen, zyn, that kind of setup).

And it's graphical approach seems like seamless integration in a gui
environment would be possible.

That said I (as mentioned a few times) haven't done that much in super
collider, so I might not be the person to say anything against such a
solution.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte