[LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Sun Sep 13 20:31:33 EDT 2009

> Isn't one of those languages already able to spit out various plug-in
> formats and/or at least C code? Was it csound, supercollider or chuck?

I guess you refer to Faust which can generate several formats and plugins

http://faust.grame.fr/

There is also csLadspa which converts csound patches to Ladspa plugins.

But actually you guys lost me a bit, what is so important about the
plugin paradigma? The only benefit I can see is total recall but apart
from it I see no use over using stand alone applications. The plugin
idea comes from closed source environment which doesnt allow to make
interapplication connection like you can do now and here with Jack and
Alsamidi.

Cheers,

Malte
--
----
media art + development

new software released: contrOSC, control your Mackie C4 with OSC
http://controsc.sourceforge.net