[LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Sep 16 05:22:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:11:58 +0200
Atte Andre Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
> > Was this mentioned in the discussion about a 'Ableton Live' for
> > Linux?
> >
> > http://non.tuxfamily.org/
>
> I don't think so, at least I never saw it before.
>
> > I just discovered it and it looks pretty cool, fast, easy and good
> > for live.
>
> It indeed looks cool. Both apps compiled like a charm here (arch
> linux), that's a good sign :-)
>
> I only oped both apps very beiefly, so I'm must play with them later,
> but what leads you to believe they are "good for live"? My first
> impression is that they seem to be rather a traditional daw and
> sequencer (well the sequencer not so much traditional)...
>
> Thanks for mentioning these apps!

Those are very inactive projects to my knowledge, and also not tested a
lot. The mailinglists are dead and the IRC channel pretty much the
same and there's no bug tracker.
I think I reported an issue (build related) once and don't know if I
even got an answer. Seems like it couldn't even record any audio.
The sequencer might be usable.

Philipp