[LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:26:05 EDT 2009

Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>

>> Was this mentioned in the discussion about a 'Ableton Live' for Linux?
>>
>> http://non.tuxfamily.org/
>>

> I don't think so, at least I never saw it before.
>

>> I just discovered it and it looks pretty cool, fast, easy and good for live.
>>

> It indeed looks cool. Both apps compiled like a charm here (arch linux),
> that's a good sign :-)
>
> I only oped both apps very beiefly, so I'm must play with them later,

+1
> but what leads you to believe they are "good for live"? My first
> impression is that they seem to be rather a traditional daw and
> sequencer (well the sequencer not so much traditional)...

I have no experience with 'live daws' but I had non-sequencer running
with hydrogen and could play and edit it live... that made me think...
mmh this might be good for live ;)

> Thanks for mentioning these apps!

There was an irc rumor which says it has been silent around the app for
6 months...
I have mailed the author about this... (waiting for reply) I only do
this when I think an app is really promising and this one certainly is imho!

\r