[LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Wed Sep 16 08:06:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
[snip, regarding non-sequencer and non-daw...]
> There was an irc rumor which says it has been silent around the app for
> 6 months...
> I have mailed the author about this... (waiting for reply) I only do
> this when I think an app is really promising and this one certainly is imho!

I've been following these programs for a while...

Mr. Liles appeared to be trying to program *both* at the same time.  More
recently, he started giving priority to non-daw development.  His latest
non-daw commit is Jan '09.  His latest non-sequencer commit is Nov '08.

AFAIK, there don't seem to be a lot of people using or developing it...
and sometimes people's lives get in the way (esp. if they think nobody's
benefitting).  :-)  Liles has been known to incorperate patches from
others, and respond to peoples issues.  Code is maintained in Git, and he
seems to embrace a bazaar-like development ethic.

I doubt if Liles considers these projects dead.

HTH,
Gabriel