[LAU] looping with jack

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Sep 16 17:10:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:27:17 +0200
Lieven Moors <lievenmoors at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> This question might seem a little bit strange, but I was
> wondering if there is any audio sequencer capable of playing in
> loop without forcing JACK to relocate. I get this kind of behaviour
> with seq24, when it runs in pattern mode. I would like to combine
> a traditional audio sequencer that loops, with one that doesn't.
> I managed to simulate this with two ardour sessions, that are
> both synced internally, and started with MMC. But it would be nice
> if they could be run in sync with JACK.
>
> I would be grateful for any ideas on this, even if they would involve
> some serious hacking.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Lieven

Afaik any sequencer that supports jack transport should be able to
loop and relocate as well as start/stop together. Ardour is one of many
apps that work with jack transport.
I think I haven't really understood your requirement about one that
syncs and one that doesn't, please clarify if the answer wasn't
sufficient.

Philipp