[LAU] Hardware VST host?

Michael Bohle opendaw at jacklab.org
Tue Sep 22 09:41:07 EDT 2009

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Michael Bohle <opendaw at jacklab.org> wrote:
> >

> >> Just wondering, could a hardware VST host be another solution for the
> >> 'VST-problem' on Linux?
> >>

> > There is no VST problem on Linux - we have Jack, Hydrogen, Zynadd, LADSPA
> and LV2. We don't need this shiny bloated closed source VST with all this
> uncreative presets.
>
> Not all VSTs have equivalents on Linux, sadly, especially with regard
> to virtual instruments.

We have good instruments like Hexter and so on, enough for music production. If it is not enough for you, start to developing other virtual instruments. But don't look back to the proprietary shiny VST preset wonderland, we don't need this.

Thats what I've learned in endless discussions with this list and now I believe this is true.

Michael

--- original Nachricht Ende ----