[LAU] M-Audio Audiophile 2496 on modern Ubuntu

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Apr 5 13:18:22 EDT 2010

Does anyone have a M-Audio 2496 card working in a recent Ubuntu
distribution?

What I'm finding is that it finds the card, but in the Gnome sound
prefferences it only has profiles for the Digital ins and outs.

If I use aplay -L, this is the output:
front:CARD=M2496,DEV=0
    M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=M2496,DEV=0
    M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi
surround41:CARD=M2496,DEV=0
    M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi
surround50:CARD=M2496,DEV=0
    M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi
surround51:CARD=M2496,DEV=0
    M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi
iec958:CARD=M2496,DEV=0
    M Audio Audiophile 24/96, ICE1712 multi
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

This is what I see both on 10.04 i386 and on 9.10 AMD64.

I know this card was previously working correctly under
6.06-7.something, and then I had it working happily in a mac for awhile
before trying to move it to my new linux audio project machine.

I really hope I can get it going happily.