[LAU] StretchPlayer 0.500 - Audio player with time stretch and pitch shifting

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 08:57:02 EDT 2010

I am pleased to release StrechPlayer 0.500, a time-stretching,
pitch-shifting audio file player.  It is powered by librubberband, and
also features an A/B repeat.  This is the first release of
StretchPlayer.

LINKS
-----

     Home Page:   http://www.teuton.org/~gabriel/stretchplayer/
     Tarball:     http://www.teuton.org/~gabriel/stretchplayer/stretchplayer-0.500.tar.bz2
     Git:         http://gitorious.org/stretchplayer
                  git://gitorious.org/stretchplayer/stretchplayer.git

USING THE PROGRAM
-----------------

You will need at least a 1200 MHz processor to use this program.  It
also requires the following libraries:

     * Qt >= 4.4      http://qt.nokia.com
     * librubberband  http://www.breakfastquay.com/rubberband/
     * libsndfile     http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/
     * JACK           http://jackaudio.org/
     * CMake          http://www.cmake.org/

After building, run the program like this:

     $ stretchplayer

The GUI is pretty self-explanatory, and if you hover over the controls
a tool-tip should appear.  The GUI also has several keyboard
accelerators.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

My sincere thanks to Chris Cannam for publishing the RubberBand
library.  I've wanted this thing since I was in High School. :-)

Peace,
Gabriel M. Beddingfield