[LAU] Ingen controllers?

Alexandros Diamantidis adia at hellug.gr
Sat Apr 24 20:05:24 UTC 2010

* Gabriel M. Beddingfield [2010-04-24 14:20]:
> When you say "moving a slider" -- is this a slider on the
> Nanokontrol or in the GUI?  If NanoK, how did you set up the
> MIDI with Ingen?

Right, a slider on the NanoK. I right-clicked on the controller and
selected "Learn" to associate it with a physical slider. But now I see
the problem: the "Controller" object wasn't necessary - all I had to do
was to click "Learn" on the gain display itself, and voila! Now it works
fine. Well, it happens every time: as soon as you post about a problem,
you find the solution ;-)

I understand now what the Controller object is for: it converts control
data to audio data, right? I suppose it got stuck on 0.0157 before
(thanks for pointing out where that came from!) because of the
mismatched port types: I had connected the Controller's audio type
output to the Gain control input.

Thanks!

Alexandros