[LAU] midi over ethernet

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Apr 28 21:39:21 UTC 2010

On 04/28/2010 10:00 PM, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> i don't know why it barks about qmidictl when this is completely
>> independent of qmidinet.
>
> I was hoping this would be a case of "oops, forgot to remove that
> dependency in line xx, will do soonish", but it seems you're equally
> surprised as me to see it. Sorry 'bout the noise then :-)

wait, there's one my mistake after all: the primordially released
qmidinet.desktop file actually points to a qmidictl command. i must have
slipped this one back then, sorry.

to fix it, edit the installed file, i guess yours it's in
   /usr/local/applications/qmidinet.desktop
and replace all occurences of the wrong qmidictl into correct qmidinet.
that's it.

or you can grab it from svn trunk. eventually, i'll make it spit on
jack-midi ports also, who knows :)

>> make sure you have qmidinet, nothing else. there's no need for guess ip
>> addresses or hostnaming it's all ootbpnp (out of the box plug'n'play:)
>
> Right!

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela