[LAU] midi over ethernet

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 23:33:28 UTC 2010

Rui -- I Iove qmidinet and qmidictl!! (
http://old.nabble.com/QMidiCtl-and-QMidiNet-(was-Re:--Pd-%2B-PulseAudio-)-td28030934.html#a28030934
 )

Three feature requests, in order of seriousness and feasability:

(1) For us cheapskates, a way to run qmidictl on an O2 Joggler (worlds
cheapest control surface??)

http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler

http://robhu.livejournal.com/750902.html

http://magician.gforums.de/wiki/index.php5?title=UNE_Installation

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=21187242

http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2009/07/01/O2-Joggler/p1

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/peripherals/253801/o2-joggler

 <http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/646001/o2-joggler-49-99-now-with-free-app->http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/646001/o2-joggler-49-99-now-with-free-app-

(2) A way to allow for scripting betweeen qmidictl and qmidinet (or other
controllers plugging into qmidinet):

Also, one issue I've found w/ controllers in general is that there is a need
> for a simple scripting language, or a comprehensive set of "built-in special
> functions" to handle "state" and "computation" in midi controllers. Do
> qmidictl or qmidinet have any solutions for this?

> One quick example I ran into recently. I've setup a very useful remote
> control to a TC Electronics Finalizer. One of the features it has is a
> MIDI-controlled "fader" (e.g. for doing smooth fadeouts/fadeins). I've got
> that mapped to a 100MM slider on a behringer controller and it's SWEET. But
> also, it's linear. What I need is to map the midi controllers 0-127 to a
> logarithmic curve so as to match human loudness perception. This doesn't
> seem possible in qmidiroute...

( fyi -- i'm looking into mididings because it allows scripting see
http://old.nabble.com/using-qmidiroute-for-midi-device-control....-ts27963116.html
and
http://old.nabble.com/Building-mididings-on-Fedora-12-td28384266.html#a28384266
 )

(3) qmidimindctl :-)

http://www.neurosky.com/mindset/mindset.html

http://github.com/qdot/np_mindset/blob/master/README.txt

http://developer.neurosky.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11 ( Control of

http://developer.neurosky.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17 ( Python
> ThinkGear parser )

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: qxgedit has compelled me to spend $20 on a Yam SW-60XG (
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200458972918 ) and $5.00
on the only Linux-compatible PCI card that still has a waveterminal header:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ice1724#Dynex_DX-SC51  -- I'll let you
know how they work. (I'll probably need to add the additional controls for
the SW-60XG's analog input: http://www.studio4all.de/htmle/main96.html
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-21634-175.html ). My complete notes:
http://old.nabble.com/qxgedit-0.1.0-2.rncbc.suse112.x86_64.rpm-on-Fedora12-td28336102.html