[LAU] recorded with Ardour+friends

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Aug 3 08:45:50 UTC 2010

On 08/02/2010 08:44 PM, Sean Corbett wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
>
>> Listening to Formations now. Do you also happen to have better quality
>> audio files, Youtube really messed them up. And so far I don't quite dig
>
> I posted higher (but still MP3) quality files here:
>
> https://www.obsoleteaudio.org/blog/869
>
>> All in all, this is some of the best stuff I've heard so far completely
>> done with Linux, hats off!
>
> Thanks very much!  There are a few more songs recorded for other
> friends using the same toolchain here:
> https://www.obsoleteaudio.org/listen
>
> -sean

Thanks! That sounds a lot better already! I really like Formations, it's
got that comfortable, warm feel because of all the layered instruments
that blend very well and that hook/riff the guitars play. That hook is
just so catchy and makes the song stand out and very recognizable.
Redemption Song is not really my piece of cake, it's a bit too much
stoner meets Creed for me ;) But yet again it sounds good, the cymbals
splash and the guitars weep. Those guys must have some decent gear
right? If not than your job is even more impressive.
The intro of Error is just a wee bit too loud and reverberating for me.

Some more ¢ ;)

Jeremy