[LAU] Sound Fonts and Music Hardware

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:33:45 UTC 2010

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to extract sound
> fonts from (for example) a Korg keyboard? I like the sheer range of
> sounds my Korg has, but would like to record in MIDI rather than as
> audio for ease of editing. Once its in MIDI it would be convenient to
> have the Korg's sound fonts available on my machine so I wouldn't need
> the Korg around to playback.

I think there's a program for doing roughly what you want to do. Not exactly
though.
What you do is "sample" every key in the keyboard, (at various velocities
etc if needed),
and then trigger the samples when you need to playback.

Linky: http://code.google.com/p/synthclone/

I've never used this program, I'm not the author, and I dont know if it
works well, but
it seems it may be of use to you. Cheers, -Harry