[LAU] Nouveau driver on audio systems

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Aug 7 14:10:14 UTC 2010

susemuse27 at gmx.de wrote:
> in a first attempt on new opensuse 11.3 it seems to me that nouveau behaves similar to proprietary nvidia driver - this means for me nogo for realtime audio and fw-card, due to interrupt issues (Lenovo R61: Yenta and Nvidia share one interrupt). Switching to nv eliminates these constraints.
> If nv is subject to be removed in future releases then I will continue to work with my excellent running opensuse 11.2 (plus selfbuilt rt-kernel) till the end of my Laptop (which is not that far cause it's a really hard working machine *lol*).
> best
> Susanne

Hello Susanne,

Interrupt issues could be solved with the rtirq-init script
(http://www.rncbc.org/jack/#rtirq). I use it on my notebook where the
Firewire controller shares an interrupt with a gazillion other devices
(amongst others a nVidia GPU) and it works well with the proprietary
nVidia driver.

Best,

Jeremy