[LAU] does ESI esp1010e work with Linux? What soundchip?

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:33:58 UTC 2010

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/esp1010e/

This looks suspiciously like an ice1712 and not ice1724 (like on the
ESI  juli@/maya) given that it tops out at 96K in a time when HD
fashion demands 192K... Also the two midi ports, and 8 I/O's and
SPDIF, just like ice1712 (?):
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/controllers/envy24/

But on a PCIe bus? And with a low-profile card (excellent for pairing
w/ a uatx mobo and a htpc case.)

http://www.esi-audiotechnik.com/press/ESI/ESP1010e-PCIe-2.jpg
http://www.esi-audiotechnik.com/press/ESI/ESP1010e-Front-2.jpg
http://www.esi-audiotechnik.com/press/ESI/ESP1010e-Rear-2.jpg

perhaps this "ESI ESP 1010" is a different model?
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ice1724#ESI_DSP_2000.2C_ESI_ESP_1010
says it works partially, but claims it a 1724, which I'm still not
convinced it is given the above... )

>ESI DSP 2000, ESI ESP 1010
>According to a post in the JackLab support forum both the ESI DSP 2000 and the ESI ESP 1010 should work. The former (DSP) is fully supported, the >latter (ESP) lacks software controls for headphone volume and microphone preamps, therefore some channels are not useable.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com