[LAU] SalamanderGrandPiano_V2 Released!

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Aug 11 14:00:10 UTC 2010

Excerpts from alexander's message of 2010-08-10 16:26:27 +0200:
>   Here's the changelog
>
> * Re-exported all notes with all lowcut filters removed and eased off
> some eq on some notes around C4
> * Replaced all pedal noise samples, there are now two down and two up
> samples.
> * Increased ampeg_veltrack on release harmonics from A0 to C2
> * Increased ampeg_release to 0.850
> * Introduced a 44.1khz16bit and an ogg vorbis version
>
> Sfz for LS still hasn't come out of cvs just yet but hopefully soon.. I
> just got a mail from Andreas on the LS-devel list and he said that he
> has started to implement on_lo/hiCC# wich means pedal action noise soon
> works! The ogg vorbis version doesn't seem to work with LS either...
>
> Jeremy Jongepier has put the cvs version of LS on his PPA so ubuntu
> users should get it going fairly easily;
>
> ["Better late than never, I've uploaded a CVS checkout of LinuxSampler to
> my PPA:https://launchpad.net/~autostatic/+archive/ppa/+packages
> So Ubuntu users can now enjoy this great sounding sample pack without
> having to compile LinuxSampler from CVS. A little tutorial on how to set
> it up:
> http://wootangent.net/2010/05/the-salamander-grand-piano-and-linuxsampler-cvs/#more-517
> Thanks for this great sample pack!
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy"]
>

> And, the links;
>
> http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/SalamanderGrandPianoV2_48khz24bit.tar.bz2    1.3gb
> http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/SalamanderGrandPianoV2_44.1khz16bit.tar.bz2    466mb
> http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/SalamanderGrandPianoV2_OggVorbis.tar.bz2    74mb
>
> and a Demo, the reverb is called mverb:http://h.imagehost.org/download/0388/SalamanderDemo

Thanks Alexander,
I'd love to test and use it, but LinuxSampler CVS seems to be more
broken than ever before. Itdoesn't load soundfonts half of the time,
crashes jack most of the time, and if it actually loads a soundfont
without crashing jack it glitches at almost every note. Piano glitchcore
out of the box is great, but not if you don't want it.
--
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu
und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan