[LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Aug 30 09:04:24 UTC 2010

Hello!
   But when do you get in people's heads? When you have a special topic of
lyrics or when you have the right tune or the telegene performers? I think
lyrics are never something to attract people. At least not when you're
thinking of pop and those who listen only to pop. There are some good lyrics,
some better than the production of the music, but not often.
  Another argument: You say affecting the "bad" stuff, like aggressiveness and
sexual instincts. I say: sexual instincts aren't a bad thing. That is very
prominent - I feel - within people who are strong believers in their religion.
I think mostly in the abrahamite religions. I think it's something laughed at,
frowned at and twisted once too often. As some comedian once said: I'd rather
have my kid watch two people fucking, than two people killing themselves.
   But maybe a little besides the original question. Still when it comes to
influences in good or bad ways, there is a debatable issue, weather only bad
characteristics of listeners are encourraged.
   Beyond that, I think we had attempts at our better nature: Friends will be
friends and I remember, that there were more "let's all be good friends' songs
in the mid to late 90s, even some coorperations between pop stars of the time.
It didn't last too long. I suppose because the underlying music wasn't too
good and catching.
   Kindly yours
             Julien

--------