[LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Aug 30 10:57:48 UTC 2010

greetings!
   And another thought: Of course most pop music is created to be consumed, as
the baisc intention. Maybe not most, but a good deal. Still: I see it partly
as a result of the society itself. They only will produce en mass, what is
liable to be sold well. If you consider that most of the music us westerness
lsiten to and export worldwide, then I can see reasons for it sounding
aggressive. We are more and more in a hurry, supressed by a lot of
obligations. If you look around, certainly if I do, all people have to work as
hard as they can, still fearing to be unemployed quite soon. Then they have to
perform a lot tasks in their households and neighbourhoods, which they can't
afford to let someone else do, because of money being short. I'm talking
repairs, renovations, taking care of families and friends in a way, they might
not do if money wasn't that short. Or they would cut on their work and use
more spare time, so they can actually relax a little. Don't you think, that
this stores up energy, frustration, that you need to deposite somewhere? If
you can listen to some music, tat helps you "sweat" it out, if you can dance
to it, I think it's much healthier, than finally breaking down or turning to
real acted-out violence.
   Again this doesn't apply to everyone, some will turn to the aggression
advertised or animated. But again more will use that way to blow of some steam
and feel better afterwards.
   While talking of clubs; I don't need intelligent music or music that touches
a certain side of myself. I need music, that I can move to. Granted, I would
VERY rarely see a real club, because it would be too loud and too expensive. I
have all the music I need at home. :-)
   Kindly yours
           Julien

--------