[LAU] lau free audio data (script)

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Fri Dec 10 12:00:25 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 12:08 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
>
>> Excerpts from Fabio's message of 2010-12-09 22:12:08 +0100:

>>> a good place to do that:
>>> http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=40
>>
>> Fora are evil (tm)
>>
>> Maybe here: http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=free_audio_data
>> or
>> here? http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/soundfont_collection :) (thanks
>> Robin)
>
> I did follow the link to the LM forum, got a "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." message,
> and in order to get over my anger I whipped up an awk one-liner to make Rosea's script into a wikipage.
>
> Actually the best way to keep this data would be a nested array in a git repository:
>  - keep link collecting independent from the tool(s) that downloads the files
>  - allow for various tools to use this information.
>
> anyway http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/_export/raw/wiki/soundfont_collection is not too hard to be parsed:
> every line matching /^  \*/ is a description for the following lines containing just links: /^    \*/

http://rg42.org/gitweb/?p=scripts.git;a=blob_plain;f=lau_soundfonts.php

is a simple PHP script that gets the list from the wiki, and queries the
file-size of each of the links.. I've used it to detect dead-links.

Anyway it should be easy enough to extend it to download the stuff as
well. Detecting the file-format and calling unzip or tar and sorting
them into subfolders is left as an exercise..

Cheers!
robin