[LAU] zita at1

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri Dec 10 18:12:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 06:56:14PM +0100, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 09:10:35AM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
>
> > Looking at the source, the GUI appears to be in Cairo. I dunno anything about cairo, but if it's like most GUI toolsets, you'd have to add a text box in there to type in a value.
>
> Cairo is not a GUI toolset but a vector drawing library. Within the
> application it's used only to draw the line on he knobs. Everything
> else is rendered from precomputed images, and these are made by pycairo.

Gotcha, thanks.

Hmm. So, no GTK, no widget sets, just vector drawing primitives.  Tight and efficient, but no text boxes either, then, unless someone wants to try to port the thing to GTK/GNOME or whatever.

I've been wanting to play around with this-- our singer would get a kick out of sounding like T-Pain for a song or two--, and MIDI CC's would be my preferred way to control it anyway. Is that on your roadmap for it?

-ken