[LAU] zita at1

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Dec 10 18:51:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:12:44AM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Hmm. So, no GTK, no widget sets, just vector drawing primitives.  Tight and efficient, but no text boxes either, then, unless someone wants to try to port the thing to GTK/GNOME or whatever.

The 'GUI toolset' is libclxclient which provides a (thin) C++ abstraction
of X11, and some widgets (including a textbox, in this case used for output
only). The zita-*** apps also use some new widgets which are currently part
of the sources for those apps but will find their way into a new libclxclient
when they are considered 'mature'.

> I've been wanting to play around with this-- our singer would get a kick out of sounding like T-Pain for a song or two--, and MIDI CC's would be my preferred way to control it anyway. Is that on your roadmap for it?

Not really. Most controls have more steps than MIDI provides (e.g. 400
for 'Tuning' and 'Offset'), and they are 'set and forget' anyway, not
performance controls you'd want to adjust all the time.

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.