[LAU] questions about limits.conf

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Dec 12 15:40:59 UTC 2010

On 12/12/2010 04:31 PM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> I think that would make sense that jack's installation automatically
> changes limits.conf to whatever they already recommend, wouldn't it? I
> think ubuntu package is doing something like this.

Those settings are in /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf in recent
Debian-like distro's.
Nice setting:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2010-March/067902.html
Iirc Paul Davis mailed a while ago that setting memlock to unlimited is
ok regarding Ardour and that is indeed kinda weird Jack complains about
it. Can't find that mail back that fast.

Best,

Jeremy