[LAU] Music made with linux: Banksters - Dubby Dubstep

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Dec 14 05:34:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, December 8, 2010 7:09 am, Q wrote:

> The mix sounded okay to me, but as already mentioned, I'm really not at
> all qualified to offer any meaningful comment on it as it is far removed
> from what I usually listen to. However, it was a little more accessible
> than previous work of yours that I've heard. It is rather quiet, as you
> suggest, with very little energy and punch.

I have redone the levels so that the sound is now more punchy. Still not
as clearly defined as I am hearing through ardour3.

http://djcj.org/audio/kotau/banksters/Banksters-DJ_Kotau_Session_2010-12-14.flac
http://djcj.org/audio/kotau/banksters/Banksters-DJ_Kotau_Session_2010-12-14.ogg

The ogg export has normalised the track and the overall mix is pretty
smooth now. I wasn't actually going for that effect but it is interesting
to hear the difference it makes to the general atmosphere. Reminds me of
the sound that Nick Manessah was getting a few years back.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.