[LAU] Building gigasamples

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Dec 21 17:51:09 UTC 2010

Hello Mark!
   The last time we had to do it, it was easy. It was the easiest and fastest
part in the process. I now have the Yamaha 7sea (7CG JR) grand and it sounds
like a dream. :-)
   No I wasn't assuming, that Tascams GigEdit and ours are the same. But I
think our LS-Gigedit should be compliant enough to import samples, if all the
rest of the settings is in place. I'm mostly thinking of pianos and electric
pianos here, so what is there: velocity layering and velocity layered release
samples. Perhaps a bit of amplitude envelops. Though I even think that this is
unlikely, since they want the samples to be as realistic and direct as
possible. So I think they did most of the work before hand. So all the cutting
and movng samples around should be done prior to putting the wav-files in the
rar archives.
   I just downloaded gigedit. Could you tell me what you would have to do in
LS-GigEdit to perform the action, they describged in the file? Then I can have
a go through the source and see if I might hack something to start with.
   Kind regards
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net