[LAU] Which SATA drive? Size? [Was: Re: partition table]

Ivan K ivan_521521 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 17:09:20 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 12/23/10, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:

> Ivan K wrote:

> > Also, even though Terabyte drives are inexpensive these days,
> > would a 500 GB drive be better as far as speed (reading/writing)
> > than a 1 TB drive?  (I really would not need a full TB anyways).
>
> Yes, and 640KB ought to be enough for everybody.
>
> Stop fooling yourself.

Yes, I spend a lot of my time living in denial.

> The difference in price between 500G
> and 1.5TB is less
> then the difference in size.

I was not writing about cost in terms of money.  Everyone
knows that 1-2TB drives are cheaper than candy these days.

I was writing about cost in terms of reading/writing.
I would be willing to pay more for a 500GB drive if
there is a performance benefit.