[LAU] upwards compression

Fabio capoeirista at arcor.de
Sat Dec 25 17:40:10 UTC 2010

Em Sat, 25 Dec 2010 17:09:54 +0000
Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> escreveu:

> upwards compression does it by boosting the volume of the quietest
> signals -- compressing from the bottom up. This parallel processing
> produces upwards compression as Joern expounded on my original
> statement

ok, thats what i want

perhaps my math is to weak...lol

I simply will try it out.

just giving more info: amateur-singer, half an hour of time, lives long
from here. we recorded her voice, but in the lower parts she sang very
quiet, so with normal compression i would compress 95% of what is
correct only to add more gain to those parts. so i thought about this
option instead. probably i should simply elevate volume in those part
instead.