[LAU] upwards compression

Jeremy jeremybubs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 18:48:07 UTC 2010

It seems like you would want to do normal compression with a very low
threshold (about the noise level) and a negative ratio.

then you end up with a curve like

       \

Then you can add that into your original signal, to get something
approximating "upward compression".

Also, perhaps the expander from tap-plugins might do what you want:
http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/dynamics.html

<http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/dynamics.html>Jeremy