[LAU] (double) bass samples for Linuxsampler

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:40:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:48 AM, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 December 2010 16:31:03 Andrew C wrote:
>> Last time I checked, LS is Open Source,
>
> Are you saying it meets this:
>
> http://www.opensource.org/osd.html
>
> Do you think it also meets this:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>
> all the best,
>
> drew

IMO it meets neither in that redistribution is limited by the changes
in the license which made it non-GPL.

The 'source' is 'open' in the sense that we can get copies, look at
the code & modify it and use it. Unfortunately we are restricted
(granted, restricted in ways that likely don't matter much to
individual musicians) in our _use_ of the code via redistribution into
commercial platforms.

- Mark