[LAU] VocProc - vocal processing app

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Feb 1 03:26:03 EST 2010

On Monday 01 February 2010 09:00:57 Atte André Jensen wrote:
> It seems to use Qt (I've installed libqt4-dev), but I always forget what
> (and wonder why) QT software needs to build. Something with a path or
> something I seem to remember. Wouldn't it be possible to have stuff like
> this setup automatically?

Yes, and its the job of the system-administrator or the distribution.

There are some solutions:
 a) Un-install all the development-stuff of Qt3 and let the distributions tools
set all the paths for Qt4-development only. Qt3 is horribly out of date, any
new app using it isn't worth the shot.
 b) (If you are on *ubuntu) Use update-alternatives to select the right
moc/uic/qmake.

The path you remember is QTDIR, which isn't used in Qt4. Now it provides pkg-
config files that have all the information needed to compile and link Qt4-apps.

> atte at vestbjerg:~/software/vocproc/VocProc$ make
> g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT  -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT
> -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I. -I/usr/share/include
> -I/usr/include/qt3 -o main.o main.cpp
> main.cpp:26:24: error: QDomDocument: No such file or directory
> main.cpp:27:17: error: QFile: No such file or directory
> In file included from vproc_dsp.h:29,
>                   from main.cpp:42:

Have fun,

Arnold