[LAU] VocProc - vocal processing app

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 05:11:21 EST 2010

Arnold Krille wrote:

> Atte, please! You can compile sources by hand and don't know how to do
> "update-alteratives --help"? Or even running "update-alternatives" without
> anything to get the same help-text?

Yes, I do, but I've always feared what happened if I just did what I
thought might be the right thing. For some reason I always had "this
thing" with building QT-apps, and I rarely use update-alternatives
anymore, call my lazy or lucky :-)

So I was hoping you could show me the correct one liner to get me
started. My guess is:

sudo update-alternatives --set qmake /usr/bin/qmake-qt4

I felt a little adventurous (maybe due to your "please"), so I went
ahead and tried with my fingers crossed, and now VocProc builds :-)

Am I right to asume that the only things my update-alternatives command
did was change the symlink in /etc/alternatives/qmake to point to
usr/bin/qmake-qt4 touching *no other* files on my system?

Still I feel a "./configure; make; sudo make install" would be more
familiar.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk