[LAU] modlys on bandcamp

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:32:54 EST 2010

Garry Ogle wrote:

> Atte - now you have been on Bandcamp http://music.modlys.dk/  for a
> while I wondered if you would comment on how well you think it has
> worked.

It's worked quite well. I'm especially happy about the stats, it's easy
to see where people come from, and what they've listened to. At least in
two instances, this has made me aware of sites mentioning modlys that I
probably wouldn't have learned about otherwise.

During my christmas-tune-period, it was great to not have to rely on
my home server for the 200+ plays per week.

When I announce tunes here, I always combine it with a direct link,
since I know (or guess) many people here prefer that, although as far as
I can see, the player is not flash.

> Have you had more downloads? Did you get donations?

Yeah, I got a few donations, although there are quite a few freebies
(which is ok, of course). But for instance someone with the name very
similar to yours just did a paid download :-)

> What, if anything, has not gone so well?

Nothing, really.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk