[LAU] How to make Focusrite Saffire 6 USB works?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:54:21 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Pandu Rakimanputra
<pandu.rakimanputra at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Let me introduce myself, My name is Pandu, I'm from Indonesia, and I'm a new comer in this mailing list. As written on my subject, I just bought a new focusrite Saffire 6 USB from my local store.
>
> Is anybody now how to make the saffire work? I'm using Ubuntu Studio 8.04 with 2.6.28-3rt kernel. THe USB indicator didn't light on, but when i did some lsusb and dmesg, my computer detected a new device.
>
> Thanks Before
>
> Pandu P. Rakimanputra

Hi Pandu,
   Welcome to the list.

   Did you run alsaconf? What did it do?

   What contents do you can in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf or where ever
your distro puts that info? Or are you hoping that it all gets
configured by udev or something? (I don't do that myself...)

   I cannot help you much with your specific device but maybe you can
post back info on your setup which could move us along more quickly.
Get the output of these commands (as root) and send them back to the
list:

uname -a

lsmod

cat /proc/asound/cards