[LAU] n00b help with MUSE, and another thing

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Feb 5 04:56:08 EST 2010

On 02/05/2010 10:29 AM, Igor Brkic wrote:
> Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
>>     as soon as I
>>
>>     launch Jack, I lose all sound from the YouTube video I'm trying to
>>     watch in Firefox. How does one get around that?
>>

> Default flash plugin doesn't have support for JACK. For Arch linux
> there is an AUR package called libflashsupport-jack that adds JACK
> support to flash. There is probably similar package for other
> distibutions as well. Downside is that you lose sound in flash if JACK
> is not running (not a big problem if JACK is running all the time).
>
> Igor

Audio/Music production: JACK
The rest: PulseAudio

That is in my opinion what those two daemons are intended for. And
that's why I refrain from using them at the same time. Besides, I don't
have the need to do so. If I want to browse the internet, listen to
music or watch a movie I use my day to day account with PulseAudio. If I
want to make music I log into my music account that I configured to kill
PulseAudio and start JACK. I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 BTW.

Best,

Jeremy