[LAU] linuxsampler plugin ?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Feb 6 17:23:24 EST 2010

On 02/06/2010 05:57 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm testing the Linuxsampler plugin with Ardour3 SVN. The plugin loads
> correctly, and when I launch the Fantasia GUI it identifies itself
> correctly in the interface. I can load a MIDI file in A3 and watch it
> play the keyboard on the LS plugin. Everything looks good, but there's
> no sound. There's also no instance of Linuxsampler in QJackCtl.
>
> When I run LS + Fantasia standalone I noticed that it doesn't
> autoconnect to JACK. Perhaps this is the problem, but I can't find where
> to configure LS to autoconnect.
>
> Any suggestions ? This is a low-priority issue for me, but it'd be nice
> to figure out what's happening.

in pure plugin sense, ardour is the host and it will care for all midi
and audio handling, internally. thus, you won't see any jack client nor
ports associated to the linuxsampler as a plugin, be that through
qjackctl or any other jack-aware patchbay application, afaics.

the linuxsampler plugin probably runs under host address space (ardour).
it won't appear as a separate process either ie. ps will show you
nothing about linuxsampler, but ardour.

all that it's being said theoretically, with the assumption that one of
the available instrument plugin specs is in practice. lv2, dssi or vst?

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org