[LAU] sending random midi notes from a bash script

Philippe Hezaine philippe.hezaine at free.fr
Tue Feb 9 03:27:06 EST 2010

Gabriel M. Beddingfield a écrit :

> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Philippe Hezaine wrote:
>
>> Ha! Ha! May be you are fallen into a trap.
>> My previous snippet was not complete!
>> If you want to become a SuperSir (the ultimate step being SuperMan) you
>> have to overcome at least two issues. :)
>
> Ha!  :-)  I'll have to pass on SuperSir, sorry.  I can't spend any more
> time on this.

Don't mind. I'll talk to the invigilator or the supervisor into doing
something. :-P

> Yes, it would be simple to match 'line' against a regular expression
> (like "^[0-9]*:[0-9]*:[0-9]* .*") and only process the lines that
> match.  (Just print out non-matching lines unprocessed.)  The other
> parts just need a little book-keeping.

Thanks Gabriel. I'm very interested in. But the learning curve of python
is hard for my poor brainbox. However I'll be looking for, of course.

> FWIW, your previous snippet /did/ have negative numbers in it. :-P

Yes. When I use polymetric notation in Lilypond I get this midi output.
So far I can't integrate Timing_translator in the Gigsaw's specific
process for some reason. I hope this will not be a nightmare.

> Peace,
> Gabriel

And Love what you do.
--