[LAU] OT: Dub Fx

nepal (PO) nepal.roade at mypostoffice.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 02:54:58 EST 2010

On Sunday 14 Feb 2010 00:32:14 Jon H wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was the original poster on the freewheeling list and had just
> discovered this guy myself.  I selected the video in question
> because he does a better job in that one of describing the
> techniques he uses to produce his music.  For another of his,
> probably my favorite, without all the demonstrations, and a great
> saxaphone, check out "Flow"!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI
>
> Best,
>
> Jon Hoskins

Thanks Jon,

I really liked this performance too. For my taste at least he really
is very good.

The discussion regarding talent/skill is interesting. I would not
classify this guy as a musician but a performer. His talent is in
pulling different sounds together to sound so full and rich. His skill
is in manipulating his technology to provide this texture.

He is most definitely an artist.

Street performance, taking music back to its roots. Immediate, honest,
direct. :)

nepal.