[LAU] question re: MIDI control of SooperLooper and similar progs

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 17 10:34:57 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Emiliano Grilli
<emiliano.grilli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> writes:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm working on an article that profiles the loopers and arpeggiators
>> available for Linux. I'm currently having too much fun with
>> SooperLooper, driving it with an external sequencer. Very cool stuff,
>> but I'd like to test it with a MIDI control board, so:
 [ ... ]
> I heard good things of the behringer FCB1010 but I never tried one. On
> the good side is the absence of a power adapter, you plug just the power
> cable into it. And it also has two pedals that send continuous
> controllers. It's a bit more expensive (around 170 eur new, 100/120 used)

its awesome. probably the best product Behringer ever made. i have
absolutely no complaints about mine. its just ... great. and its also
what jesse was using as he worked on the SL MIDI control system, which
helps a very tiny bit.

the power cable situation does have one downside for users who travel
between 110 and 240V countries ... way too easy to just grab an IEC
power cable from your hosts, and plug the FCB1010 in .... and fry the
whole thing. and yes, i did this in rotterdam several years ago :(