[LAU] question re: MIDI control of SooperLooper and similar progs

Emiliano Grilli emiliano.grilli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:48:35 EST 2010

Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm working on an article that profiles the loopers and arpeggiators
> available for Linux. I'm currently having too much fun with
> SooperLooper, driving it with an external sequencer. Very cool stuff,
> but I'd like to test it with a MIDI control board, so:
>
> If anyone here is using SooperLooper or Freewheeling or Kluppe with a
> MIDI foot controller (or any MIDI controller), please let me know what
> hardware you're using. I'm thinking about purchasing a device, I'd like
> to know what's recommended by LAU's lusty live loopers. :)

I've just bought one, so I'm really scratching the surface now. It's a
(used) Proel MS-16, 16 pedals basically sending MIDI program changes. It
works really well and seems built like a tank. Paid 80 eur.

I heard good things of the behringer FCB1010 but I never tried one. On
the good side is the absence of a power adapter, you plug just the power
cable into it. And it also has two pedals that send continuous
controllers. It's a bit more expensive (around 170 eur new, 100/120 used)

> Really, SooperLooper is just too cool. I'll have to make an effort to
> try anything else.

Agreed, sooperlooper is fantastic :)
Kudos to Jesse

> Best,