[LAU] Midipoke 0.1, an XY(Z)-controller for touchpads

Raine M. Ekman raine at iki.fi
Tue Feb 23 05:15:54 EST 2010

So, after asking here about MIDI controllers for touchpads a while back I
went ahead and made something out of my vision of how it could work. It's
a pretty primitive command line X11 program sending ALSA MIDI. X, Y and
Z axes can be mapped to controllers or pitch bend and 2-fingered touch
can also be used as an on/off switch for hold pedal, portamento or
whatever.

For now there is only source to download, but as there aren't very many
dependencies it shouldn't be much of a hurdle to compile and run. Bug
reports and improvements are welcome.

You'll need a touchpad that works with the Synaptics driver in X to use
this, but beware that any driver version and hardware compatibility is
quite untested, except for Ubuntu Karmic on Eeepc 901.

URLS:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/midipoke

  Raine M. Ekman ...... raine at iki.fi
  the Radio Project ... http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=36109&displ_lang=en