[LAU] yoshimi creeps... 0.051

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sat Jan 16 18:54:44 EST 2010

Folderol wrote:
> [ ... ]
>
> Good news and bad news :?
>
> Recording now works very nicely :D

I am pleased!

> 0.053 is somehow corrupting the .yoshimiXML.cfg file. It fails to read
> it (using the default settings), then if I try an earlier version that
> can no longer read it either :(
> I solved the problem partially by copying across the Zyn. one then
> making it read-only, so the older versions of yoshi are safe, but the
> latest one still can't read the file.

mutter, mutter ... disappointed, but not entirely surprised. Any chance you
could send me a copy of the problematic .cfg file? There's a few mysteries
(to me at least) on what to do with the redundant (in yoshi) zyn settings,
so if I can look at what's causing you grief it might help. An unattractive
workaround might be to simply delete .yoshimiXML.cfg. Next time you run
yoshi it'll start with basic defaults, and from there perhaps it might
behave sanely given that it'll write out the settings on exit. You can also
explicitly save them from the Settings panel. That would mean you'd then
have to go through Settings and set up all your preferences again, so I
think I'd like to take a look at your .cfg file before I'd recommend that.

> .xmz parameter files seem to load without problems.

Just as well too!

cheers, Cal