[LAU] yoshimi creeps... 0.051

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 08:39:59 EST 2010

Folderol wrote:
> That might be part of it. I run a dual core 64bit machine and have 4G
> memory. I also use it ONLY for music. Internet and office stuff are
> all done on a cheap general purpose machine.
>

>> What Jack settings do you use?
>>

> Mostly the default settings. For just Rosegarden and Zyn. I set 64
> frames / period which gives a latency of 2.9mS, if I've got a lot of
> other stuff running as well, or if I'm using the most complex patches I
> go up to 128 frames / period, which is 5.8mS.
>
> On very rare occasions I have to go up to 11.6mS - this is what I had
> to have most of the time with Zyn 2.2.1, although then it was zombies
> that were the main problem rather than xruns :(

I just tested yoshimi on Ubuntu 9.10, wow that performs 1000x better
then on my Debian testing box. This is good and bad news...

How to find out what is wrong on my system? Other apps like Ardour and
Hydrogen seems to work well...

I got these xrun messages:

Jack reports xrun
Jack reports error: JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 3

\r