[LAU] instability of sirlab vocoder and derivatives

Robert Persson halfbeinghalfthing at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 07:51:19 EST 2010

Hello

Has anyone got the sirlab vocoder or either of its derivatives (the ladspa
and lv2 plugins) working properly? If so, which version(s) are you using,
and which version(s) of jack and/or any plugin hosts are you using?

I have been trying to use v2.9 of the standalone, v.3 of the ladspa plugin
and the current version of the lv2 plugin. The standalone plugin barely
works; as soon as I change a patch in zynaddsubfx, one or both applications
will crash. The LV2 plugin is completely non-functional. It crashes Ingen
every single time an attempt is made to load it. It crashes lv2rack more
often than not. On the occasions when it does load successfully into lv2rack
it behaves really weirdly. It kills all sound to the right alsa out channel,
so that no jack client can use it, whether or not that client is directly
connected to lv2rack. It makes no sound itself except for the occasional
squeak. I can't give you so much detail on the ladspa plugin right now,
beyond to say that it really doesn't work either

Is it worth persevering with the vocoder, or is it really not usable at the
moment?