[LAU] delta 1010 background hiss

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Mon Jan 18 11:36:51 EST 2010

If you mute all the inputs, maybe even disconnecting the inputs, do
you still get noise?  Is it on a few channels?  All channels?  If you
change the input gains of the 1010, does the noise change?  If you
change the output gains of the 1010, does the noise change?

I did have a 1010 unit which started getting intermittently noisy on
some channels, and eventually all channels.  It turned out to be a
bunch of bad capacitors in the 1010.  It was under warranty, and I
got an exchange unit for it.  I didn't have a Windows system to see
if the symptoms were any different.  On Linux the bad input has noise
levels bouncing about -10dB on the meters.  I have my hardware input
level switches at +4dB, if that makes a difference.

Keep working on this.  It'll be worth it....

--
Kevin