[LAU] delta 1010 background hiss

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:42:01 EST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:14:05 -0800
Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:

> On 18 January 2010 at 13:05, David Santamauro
> <david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could there be a difference in the drivers between the 2496 and the
> > 1010... or maybe between 32-bit and 64-bit? I guess my next course
> > of action is to simply grab the 2496 out of the test machine and
> > toss it in here to see if there is noise or not.
>
> Reasonable plan.  I'm using an Athlon 64-X2 in 32-bit mode.

I'll have to revisit this next weekend. The test machine is racked and
I'm too tired. There is plenty of other goodies keeping me busy, namely,
I just managed to get Perfect Space convolution reverb and Kontakt2 with
garritan personal orchestra flowing from MuseScore and Rosegarden.
Although the setup seems tenuous at best, it is working and hasn't
failed in anyway yet. I'll be testing most of the VSTs delivered with
sonar 7 professional (many, many) over the next week.

Sounds flowing from within (software) and out (playback) are flawless.
I am extremely excited with the performance of music on linux. I'd love
to get involved in some dev work -- I'm not a shabby C/C++ coder.

thanks
David