[LAU] delta 1010 background hiss

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Mon Jan 18 13:14:05 EST 2010

On 18 January 2010 at 13:05, David Santamauro <david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could there be a difference in the drivers between the 2496 and the
> 1010... or maybe between 32-bit and 64-bit? I guess my next course of
> action is to simply grab the 2496 out of the test machine and toss it
> in here to see if there is noise or not.

Reasonable plan.  I'm using an Athlon 64-X2 in 32-bit mode.

> My meters (in ardour) bounce between -40 and -30.

That seems too high.  Mine are all the way at the bottom.  When I
have enough mic channels on, I can "see" my footsteps on the meters
as I walk across the room.

> > Keep working on this.  It'll be worth it....
>
> I hope so... I've been making music with the 1010 for a few years now
> and would hate to have to give it up. I'm spoiled with the 8 inputs.

Me too.  I want all 16 from both of my 1010s tho.  I just upgraded my
Linux distro to something that's supposed to better support that.

--
Kevin