[LAU] Beta testers required for jretune

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sun Jan 24 08:46:14 EST 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010 19:18:51 rosea grammostola wrote:
> Atte André Jensen wrote:
> > fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> Jretune is a Jack client inspired by the 'autotalent'
> >> plugin (re)discovered and discussed some time ago on
> >> the LA lists.
> >>
> >> It uses the same algorithm (autocorrelation) for pitch
> >> detection, but there the similarity ends. All the code
> >> is entirely new.
> >>
> >> Its purpose is to process solo voice recordings
> >> to ensure they have correct pitch. It can't do
> >> miracles but it helps in some cases. Don't expect
> >> it to work on a mix.
> >>
> >> Main differences are:
> >> - Jretune is a Jack client and not a plugin.
> >
> > I hope you either consider (at a later stage) making a LADSPA or VST
> > (unlikely, right?) version, since these integrates the best with my
> > host...
>
> @Atte, maybe it's time for 'your' host to start adding LV2 support...
>
> btw it's not totally clear to me how people use such a app for.
> Please describe some situation, thanks...

Here is one way which I would like to use this or something with similar
capabilities.

I can't sing in tune it seems.
I don't play an instrument.
I write lyrics.
I get what I think are tunes to go along with the lyrics in my head.
I have a hard time communicating the music in my head with others.
I also write lyrics for existing music and have an issue communicating the
melody of the lyric to people.

For existing music, it would be nice if I could enter the key that the music
is in, sing my lyric and have it correct my pitch to something in the key of
the song. Then I could replay and see if I approve or try again.

For non-existing music, it would be nice if I could run an iteration. Let it
correct to actual notes. (They tell me I sing flat a lot so I guess sharpen
things up.) Then from the notes, guess at the key of the song and then let me
redo the run based in this key and so on as per above.

Now, keep in mind that I am speaking from vast ignorance here so...

> \r

all the best,

drew