[LAU] delta 1010 background hiss

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 24 15:42:55 EST 2010

Ectropic Harmony wrote:
> Are we talking 1010 or 1010LT? Or both?
>
> Although there are similar (or perhaps exact same) components, they
> are still - on the whole - two different devices.

I own both of them. The 1010LT has all the components on the PCI card
while the 1010 has the audio interface in a separate rack mount box.
They appear identical in envy24ctl. I have them locked via SPDIF now.
The 1010LT is working fine in WinXP and the 1010 is running under Debian
Lenny for amd64, but the 1010LT didn't work under the same version of
Debian but on a different machine (just faint noise on all inputs and no
playback). It does work under WinXP, that's why I rule out the
capacitors as a cause.

Martin