[LAU] oh yoshimi, one more time

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 29 14:24:51 EST 2010

Folderol wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:16:03 +0100
> Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de> wrote:
>
>> I don't know if this is known:
>> Yoshimi 054 pre2 and pre4 both disconnect from jack, when pressing
>> many keys (~10) at the same time on my midi keyboard.
>> This does not happen with yoshimi 038
>>
> Cant repeat that here. Are you using jack-midi or alsa-midi? I'm using
> alsa-midi.
> I can stick both arms down flat across the keyboard without it
> disconnecting - get rather a lot of xruns though!

Hmmm, I've noticed that if I have a lot of notes going (play fast scales
with sustain pedal down), adding new notes will cut off existing ones.

Last night I was playing something into Rosegarden, and noticed that
sometimes a run of notes simply wouldn't happen - appear in Rosegarden
or play through Yoshimi.

I didn't get any xruns, and didn't see any messages from JACK about any
problems.

Using JACKDMP using alsa-midi (E-Mu XMidiPort 1x1 over USB 2 port and an
external USB sound card hooked to a different USB port). Yoshimi 0.053.2.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community