[LAU] Anyone testing the new TerminatorX release?

gerald mwangi gerald.mwangi at gmx.de
Sun Jan 31 14:21:03 EST 2010

Hi,
Has anyone tested TerminatorX 3.83pre?
Gerald

(http://www.set-germany.org/TerminatorX/terminatorX-3.83pre.tar.gz).
>Changes: support for rubberband, filehandling exclusively through
sndfile, some bugs fixed and i hope none introduced :)

>Rubberband is used for timestretching the samples. Each turntable has
now an extra 'tempo' knob to stretch/shrink the sample without change of
pitch. >Furthermore a tempo sync option was introduced to sync clients
tempo to that of the master: Select a master -> Select one or more
clients -> Press >play (load some samples before ) and turn the master
tempo knob  and note the automatic change of the tempo of the clients.
>Note that the tempo is actually just the stretch factor of the entire
sample since the samples aren't analized for their transients (that's
the next feature!).

>To simplify the code, i decided to rely totaly on sndfile
(http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/). That means only the formats
understood by sndfile are >supported.
>I tried to contact Alexander König, but he hasn't answered. Maybe we
should pull up a sourceforge project?